Friday, June 18, 2010

Immortal Trust

Corruption lurks in every corner,
Knowing no boundary nor border,
To stain hearts with uncertainty and doubt,
That leave us no chance to let them out.

Three years ago I succumbed to this taint,
Now freed, but the scars still constraint,
I never thought another would share this fate,
Worst of all,
The purest it chose to desecrate.

I say this to you before it's too late,
Before they go further, stop them at the gate,
I hope that you never see the day,
When you start seeing the world my way;
The pain is too great for any to bear,
And all others it will start to impair.

I dedicate this to you, my valued friend,
It may not be my place to comprehend,
But trust with all your heart, or not at all
In this pit of distrust you should not fall.

Though we live different lives,
To survive everyone strives,
This is merely what my life taught me,
So follow it not entirely,
For maybe fate will treat you differently.

This may sound ironic, coming from me,
I too understand if you disagree,
But I offer whatever help I can,
To root it out where it began,
For you need not go through this,
You deserve to be far away,
From this treacherous abyss.

No comments: