Thursday, June 17, 2010

Immortal Fire

My greatest fear I've seen come and go,
Crushed I was by the heavy blow,
But surprised I am that I'm still alive,
No logic nor magic could explain,
How did I survive.

Petrified I was but for a moment,
Saved I was by a force so ancient,
Erasing forever, my lust and desire,
Purged clean to a crisp by purest hellfire.

If this is fate's idea of toying with me,
It'll take more than that, I'll have you see,
I hope you have new tricks up your sleeve
Again and again, the same spot you cleave,
Always giving me false hope to believe,
Well this time I challenge you,
Who are you trying to deceive!?
The same pain shan't again make me grieve!
Even I do not stay forever naive,
You have scarred all the hope that I perceive,
My suffering you will no longer weave,
There is nothing more for you to achieve,
So I suggest in peace you leave,
Unless you wish tomorrow,
To be Armageddon's eve.

I'll embody the first Nether Phoenix,
Holy darkness and a cleansing helix,
Of our great image we will depict,
The symbol of eternal conflict.

I will no longer be a mindless thrall,
Never again will I wake up and fall,
I'd rather be hitting a brick wall,
Than to do nothing but squall.

Though this life will start anew,
Ashes of the past I keep them true,
For in the future they will keep me numb,
To similar fates I will not succumb.

No comments: