Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Immortal Gratitude

After surviving my impending doom,
I have finally found some room,
To keep some light alongside darkness,
And this string of life can remain endless.

I thank the kind souls around me,
Their help was to an extreme degree,
A wider perspective I have gained,
The shadows of the fog explained.

Freedom to me they have granted,
The seeds of wisdom they have planted,
May I someday pass this flame,
To another whose needs spell the same name.

In time, all shall be alright,
I've found the hope within the twilight,
This deterioration will be healed,
With fidelity being its strongest shield.

What could be done has been done,
With the future hinting one last move,
From this challenge I shall not run,
Contrive I will and this I shall prove.

What I need is indeed time,
To scale this ultimate climb,
For the only tool I have is this rhyme.
And only there I'll hear the healing chime.

Peace and freedom, symbols you represent,
But I won't know what you truly intent,
Again, destiny weaves its tangled web,
Destroy them I will, and with newer ones,
These flaws shall surely ebb.

This magic has inspired many,
Now comes my turn, with a different gift,
The pride and joy it brought me was plenty,
Spread it I will, like the wings of a swift.

Though the fragile glass has shattered,
Its pieces have not yet scattered,
To put it whole I swear to you,
Mended nicely, as good as new.

No comments: