Sunday, May 16, 2010

Bound And Gagged By The Train Tracks

Well, Well, Well. Remarkably For The Past 2 Days i Slept At 4 a.m. And Woke Up At Noon. Congratulations To Myself For I've Finally Broken My Once Fully Functional Biological Clock. Not That It's A Bad Thing.

Mum Came To Me And Said "Come On, Ian, You Come Back Once In So Long, How About Having Dinner With The Family Instead Of Always Venturing Out On Your Own Or Eating Scraps At Home?" Stunned Me For Quite A Bit, But I Said In Response, "But What For? We Eat Together But It's Always A Silent, Awkward Atmosphere. We Don't Joke, Don't Discuss Life, Heck, We Don't Even Talk, To Say The Least. Spending Time Looking At Food Then Looking At Each Other, Might As Well Not Do It. Seems So Pointless..."

"Well, Your Parents Are Old Already, Don't Know When We're Going Off. So Just Let Us Enjoy A Meal With Our Son. Even If We Don't Have Much To Talk About To Each Other, It's The Company That Counts."

"... If You Put It That Way..."

Sounded So Morbid If I Didn't Hear Tone Of Her Voice I Might've Taken It As An Ultimatum. But That Led To My Family Having A REALLY Late Lunch At Victoria Station. Must've Been A Decade And A Half Since I Last Ate There.

Overall It Was Okay. The Food Was Not As Good As How I Remembered It To Be, But Still Beats Anything Else, Anywhere Else (As In Anywhere I've Eaten Before, Which Isn't That Many Places, Actually).

Well... Eating With The Family Has Never Felt More Awkward. Father Was Smiling Most Of The Time, Barely Complaining (You'd Know Something's VERY Wrong Somewhere If He Doesn't Complain), Barely Even Talking, Because He's Usually The One That Talks The Most Even If He Doesn't Complain. Mum Was Quiet Too, Which Leaves Me Looking At The 2 of Them, Wondering What To Make Of This Situation. I Tried to Say Something, But The Result Of It Told Me That I Should've Just Kept My Mouth Shut. Because Nothing Sucks More Than Making The Situation Worse When You Intended To Remedy It.

Hell. Living Life Seems As Awkward As A Stand Up Comedian With A Very Bad Stutter. Or Going On A Date When You're Not A Talker. Not That I've Ever Went On A Date, But I Assume That To Be The Case.

And It Seems I'll Be Free On The 18th After All. So If Any Of Y'all Have Anything Planned, Just Let Me Know.

Adieu To Y'all. Life Just Got From Bad To Worse By Going From Depressing To Awkward AND Depressing.

No comments: