Monday, July 5, 2010

Immortal Observer

This charade they continue to play,
When it is obvious as the light of day,
More pain for me is what they desire,
To burn me with my own immortal fire.

Perhaps the purity that I've seen,
Was nothing but a screwed up show,
All fun and games it has been,
With sincerity placed down below.

I realize I've been fed another lie,
It hurts me so much that I can die,
But now something else I observe,
As I watch my beloved dove fly,
I see no more of the elegant curve,
Strange it is, and I wonder why.

Separated against her will,
Perhaps an expectation to fulfill,
Sorrow now engulfs the pair,
And one of them I would beware.

Burn me they will, but I shouldn't care,
For whatever happens between them
Is never my affair,
For observe is all I'm allowed,
As my presence must remain in shroud.

It's like looking through a sniper's scope,
But could never pull the trigger,
For the moment I succumb to hope,
I land myself in something bigger.

This is my tale as I tell it,
From a distant point of view,
A part I've played, I admit,
But the end is twisted in lieu.

Things will never be the same again,
What was before, I could only pen,
If the night is darkest before the dawn,
Then I would forever envy them,
For what awaits them that I'll never have,
Is a brand new Avalon.

No comments: