Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Warning In Awakening

Chaos brews while I observe,
Perpetrators elude what they deserve,
Though we were hurt, we can still forgive,
But this situation,
How will the rest of the world perceive?

But what's past is past and what's done is done,
Better to face it than to run,
And I hope from now you'll do as I do,
To observe from the sides and see it through.

In saying all that,
I hope from this you have learned,
To recognize your true foe in turn,
If you have not, then forgive me,
For there's more of this that I should see.

I never knew the extent of this mess,
And my greatest regret I'd express,
But to accept who the culprit was,
It might take more than just because.

For words alone are this one's tool,
To manipulate and to fool,
To cast off all others for this one's goal,
To trust this one will bring a heavy toll.

To gain your trust, all else were cast down,
All so that this one would wear your crown,
In order to bring you this joy,
Your true cohorts were cast away like toys.

I hope that you've sufficient discretion,
To see through this false impression,
To free yourself from the possession,
Of the perpetrator in question.

Uncovered for you, the wolf in sheep's skin,
Along with the tainted blight within,
In saving yourself, you save all,
From what would be an eternal fall.

No comments: