Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Malaysian Philharmonic Youth Orchestra RoX!!!

Okay... Not Literally, But You Get The Idea...

Though It Says 'Malaysian', The Majority Of Them Are Chinese, With Some Malay-Looking Eurasian People. Average Age Of 18!? Damn, I Feel So Incompetent Now...

The Day Was An 'Exciting' One.
Got To Campus Getting Praises For Wearing Clothes Out Of My Usual Choice But Was Disappointed When I Realized I Was Wearing The Wrong Type Of Shoes (For Almost A Whole Year Wearing Them I Finally Know That They Are Called Sneakers!!!).
Kind Of Died And Got Resurrected At Web Page Designing Practical Test. Got Words Of Comfort By The Invigilator Which (No Offense) Really Sounded Like A Tease. And I Finally Understand How It Feels To Skip Class, Reluctantly But Left With No Better Choice.

Wondered Around In KLCC Rather Blindly In Attempts To Find The Philharmonic Auditorium. Found A Convention Center Guy Who Doesn't Know What In KLCC Is A Philharmonic Auditorium And Instead Lead Us To The Convention Center. Grrr....
When We Finally Found It, I Ask Myself:"Did I Really Work Here During Form4 Year End Holidays?" Passed By The Place Almost Once Every Week Then But End Up Forgetting Where It Is When I Really Need To Be There.

Inside The Auditorium:
Since Only Front Row Seats Were Available, We Weren't Able To See A Great Half Of The Musicians. Though 2 Hours Felt Like Half Of One, There Were Some Interesting Stuff That Happened... Like A Cellist Who 'Goreng'-ed Too Hard Till The Horsetails Of His Bow Begin To Snap. Also To Note Was The Oriental Gong Somewhere Near The End, A First For Me In Western Music Orchestras. The Cathedral Organ Windpipes Attracted A Load Of My Attention, Wonder If There's Really One There...

In The End, I Thought: Cool. A Real MALAYSIAN Philharmonic Orchestra, With The Only Caucasian Being The Conductor. Glad I Skipped Class For This; Was Worth Every Bit Of Regret Felt Earlier On.

I Shall Bid Thee Adieu While I Indulge In Memories Of The Great 'Concert'

No comments: