Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Dispirited, Thus Discontinued

Many People Have This Tendency To Pick Up Something They Think Is Trendy, Go For It For A Bit, Then Give Up Because They're Bored Of It. "What's The Point?" Or So They Say, When It Comes To That. Blogging Being One Of Those Things Picked Up And Put Down. Hold On While I Think Of An English Equivalent Of Our Malay Proverb 'Hangat-Hangat Tahi Ayam' For A Bit.

Gah, Whatever, Scratch That.

Though Of Course Perhaps Because Like Poetry, Art, Writing And Music, These Things Also Need A Break While Waiting For The Ever So Coveted Inspiration That Comes So Awfully Late That People Give Up Before It Arrives. Oh Well...

Don't Really Feel Like Playing The New Harmonica In The End, Fearing The Same Process Of Play, Obsess, Neglect, Break And Buy Again Will Repeat Itself. Damn, What's So Terribly Wrong With Me That I Could Neglect My Musical Instrument, One Of The Most High Maintenance Of All My Possessions? (Not That The Harmonica Is That High Maintenance To begin With, Compared To Other Instruments...)

In Saying All That, Perhaps I Myself Seek Inspiration, For It Has Eluded Me For Close To A Full Year Already. I'm No Longer Able To Write My Usual 8 Stanza Poems(Not That I Wrote Much At All Recently), I Don't Feel The Same Burning Passion As I Did Before When I Pick Up The Harmonica(Thus I make More Mistakes More Often) And Whenever Any Of These Happen I Get Depressed And Feel Like Sleeping The Sorrow Away, Which In Turn Makes Me More Susceptible To Depression. The Irony, I Think So Too.

Oh Well, Adieu To Y'all. Until Things Improve. If They Improve.

No comments: