Saturday, February 5, 2011

Chinese New YEOUCH!

I am now back from my parents’ hometown. A little town in Perak called Padang Rengas. Or is it even a little town?

It’s been 13 years since I was last here. The last time I was here I was just a kid, so everything seemed so big to me. But now I realize how the supposed town is just a long street. The exact opposite can be said about me, from the perspective of my relatives. Last time they saw me I was just a kid. Now I’m 20. If I were to go in without my father, they’d probably have pointed a shotgun at me like they would any other intruder. And now I go back there entertaining their children like how they used to entertain me. I felt the kind of shame for troubling them before as much as I felt the frustration of having to deal with a bunch of hyperactive pubescent kids.

And it was a mistake to be bringing the laptop back there. Because the moment I took it out the kids claimed it as theirs and played all the way until 4 in the morning, which they choose the noisiest NFS games and blasted the revs beyond sleepable tolerance.

Bro Brendon had it worse. His laptop and iPhone4 was robbed for as long as we were back there. By kids who had iPhones themselves. And a VAIO.

All that aside, it was fun being back there. Seeing old relatives, spending a lot of time enduring the whack kids’ bullying together with my cousin, and bullying them back with really lame jokes.

But being back there, I hadn’t time to handle what actually mattered most at the time. Stuff like my IA documents, for instance.

And my trip to Klang was cancelled because Vingent’s ride was sabotaged. Well, sort of.

Adieu to y’all. Now to continue making use of my few hours of ACTUAL holiday.

No comments: