Thursday, February 17, 2011

Natural Selection Or Overpopulation?

Today, I am somehow reminded of the problem with humanity. We have long since brushed off natural selection from our kind, and thus we are the most overpopulated species in the world.

In the shower I thought to myself, has any human been sterilized to inhibit breeding like many pets have? Have humans ever been killed off due to overpopulation like many other animals, the crow being a very good example? No.

Many people yap on and on about how we must preserve the ecosystem and whatnot by not killing animals and keeping forest reserves and other usual bullshit, but these so-called environmentalists are okay with pest extermination, just because they are pests to humans. Aren’t we also disrupting the food chain by exterminating food of some animal that will be food for some other animal that will eventually be our food? Or we kill off animals that are overpopulated ‘because their numbers disrupt the ecosystem’. Then what are we? There are more than 4 billion humans in the world and we are not disrupting the ecosystem? Yes. Even when we’re usually beyond the top of the food chain? Yes. Why? Because we overbreed livestock and kill them off for food. Yeah, right.

All this is because we chose to exclude ourselves from the winnowing of natural selection. Everyone deserves to live. Then what? Livestock don’t deserve to live? The veggies don’t deserve to live? And don’t start with veggies aren’t alive or anything along those lines, please. Otherwise you’re probably not intelligent enough to understand all that I’m writing and you’ll be wasting your time reading all this. And so to all the vegetarians and vegans out there, please get some things straight. If you’re practicing that kind of diet because you don’t want to kill animals, then that is having double standards.

What’s the problem? Why do we face this problem? Simple, actually. We put ourselves on an imaginary pedestal; one that even if existed, we’re unworthy of. Egocentric people who don’t know their place start by bullshitting about how we are the most advanced of all living things and so it is our duty to protect others and all that nonsense. So what if we’re the most advanced beings? Well I’ll tell you so what. So it means we must take it upon ourselves to rule the planet and continue overpopulating the planet. And since we’re so great that natural selection don’t work on us, it don’t matter if I’m weak I’ll still go find a mate that’s equally weak and so give birth to a weak offspring that will not have a chance in brutal society when he grows older.

To cut to the chase, we’re breeding suffering. Many ‘souls’ exist to suffer unnecessarily. And since suffering is contagious, well, you should see where I’m going by now. All because we gloat. We claim to be what we’re not. As a result we turn the world upside down and end up fighting against each other because each has their idea of what’s right. Which are all wrong to begin with. And the properly right solution is also wrong because that’s being inhuman, immoral or whatever. And so we doom ourselves to this irreversible cycle of wrongs at every turn and no way of turning back, because it’s centuries too late. Or should I say two millennia?

I’m saying all this because I know I carry defective but dominant genes in me and so I wish to just die off before I succeed in passing them on. And this is quite what I’d call learned helplessness, a term I learned yesterday, and this term has explained my misery that began since the 17th of November 1990. Because whatever I do that is great is not being received positively because that’s what’s expected of me and any expectation that I don’t meet, I get skinned for it.

Adieu to y’all. Don’t think about it, people. Some mistakes can never be corrected, especially when it’s 2011 years too late.

No comments: