Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Obstructive Obligations

During The First Few Days Of This Dreaded 2nd Semester I Realized That I Have Less Acquaintances Than Others Have Cliques (Okay, Maybe Not Literally Cliques But Not Really Friends Either). My Anti-Social Self in Action? Don't Think So. Has Been That Way Since Primary School (Or Maybe Even Kindergarten).

Though With The Right Company Social Life Has Been Really Fun And Entertaining And All, With The Wrong Ones One Can Only Wonder How Stupid Can The Jokes They Come Up With Be. Indeed, The Many People That I Talk To For The Past Few Months In Campus (Save A Select Few) Are Mere Acquaintances, And Though I Can Bring Myself To Laugh With Them At Times, I Can't Help But Laugh AT Them Instead At Other Times. And Sometimes When People Literally Stalk Me Even When They Know I Have Few Words To Share, I Just Can't Help But Feel That Their Faces Lack A Fist Mark.

Maybe This Just Means That I Don't Have An Anti-Social Self; My Entire Being Is To A Certain Degree, Anti-Social. Though I'm No ひきこもり, I Just Can't Help But Feel That Company (The Wrong Ones, And Unfortunately The Most Common Ones) Are Plain Irritating. It's An Irritating Obligation, No Doubt.

Why Obligations? Well, As We All Know, UTAR Has A Famous(Or I'd Rather, Infamous)-ly Notorious Reputation For Having Most If Not All Of Their Assignments As GROUP Assignments. Not That I Don't Appreciate It But Some Assignments Should Really Have More Individual Emphasis (Like Last Sem's Oral Communication Skills), And Other Fields Where Language Is Concerned. And So, At Times When We Are Obliged To Bring Obstructions Into The Group (Some Will Know Who What Why When Where I Mean, For They Share The Same Pain) We Get Scarred Emotions When Our Individual Performances Are, Well Literally, Obstructed. And Yet We Are Obliged To Be At Least Acquainted For Other Work Where Language Is Not The Main Problem, In Which Sometimes They Do Better.

Hell, Being In A University Itself Is An Obligation. Why? Society Loves It When They Have An Expensive Price Tag On Their Heads. In This World Where Paper Decides Your Caliber And Quality (Hence The Price Tag) And Of Course Others Will Assume Too Readily That With A More Expensive Price Tag One Performs Better. Like We Are Equal To The Products We Manufacture In The Name Of Making Life Easier.

(4 Frame Expression)

絶望した!達成社会に絶望した!
Zetsuboushita! Tatsei Shakai ni Zetsuboushita!
Despair! This Achievement-Oriented Society Has Left Me In Despair!
(The 4 Frames Of Facial Expressions And The
絶望した!。。。に絶望した! Template Is A Copyright Of さよなら絶望先生)

Well Maybe Obligations Are Not All Bad I Suppose. With This Obligation I Was Able To Find More Reasons To Prove This Societal Obligation Wrong. And Found People That Are The Rare Few In The World That Are Real Pals.

Well Then, Obligations Aside I Think This Fire Has Been Very Much Doused. And So, With That, Adieu To Y'all.

No comments: