Sunday, February 15, 2009

Will I Be Your Valentine?

Yeah, That's Another Lonely Valentine's Day In My Life; In The Sense That I'm Still Single. But That Doesn't Mean That Singles Can't Celebrate The Day Now, Does It? So Today, Yours Truly The Part Time Poet Is Gonna Say That I Have Celebrated The Day With My Pals And This Is To Y'all And For Y'all Who've Been My Pals, Buddies, Friends And All Other Synonyms Of The Meaning To Me. Whether Or Not We Celebrated The Day Together Does Not Matter; Here's My Sign Of Appreciation To Y'all
From red satin to scarlet flowers,
The colour of this holy day,
Good friends gather and converse,
Hoping that they will remain that way.

No amount of gold would have sufficed,
To grant freedom to a dove,
Just as Valentine was sacrificed,
To help unite those in love.

Though much is unknown about this martyr,
His execution became the starter,
Of this loving tradition,
That lives on till this generation.

On this day, people express affection,
To those that share the special connection,
Messages of love from heart to heart,
No matter the distance apart.

When good times come to mind
You guys quickly come behind,
When boredom gets in the way;
I know you can make that go away.

We knew each other not for long,
But knowing you could never be wrong,
Though in life people come and go,
You mean more to me than you know.

Not many had lighted my fire,
Even fewer could lift me higher,
Knowing you is an unmatched pleasure,
An individual I truly treasure.

I do not know how else to say,
That I hope we do not go far away,
I hope this friendship is here to stay,
As I wish you a Happy Valentine's Day.
Hope Y'all Continue To Love Till The End. Adieu To Y'all.

1 comment:

UncleJaz said...

your following valentine there will always someone celebrate for you. i am sure, you will always get the best wishes from your best friends..
Happy valentine!!

from one of your best friends
UncleJaz