Friday, May 8, 2015

Foreseeing Impending Doom

I’ve seen the future and I’m not in it,
The world revolves on as it sees fit,
Though I foresee my fall from such heights,
I can’t help but continue my flights.

At long last, I am finally freed,
My own delusions I no longer feed,
Eyes open after sweet, long dream,
For painful reality still reigns supreme.

I’ve but a fortnight to brace for the fall,
Then I’ll return to being a living doll,
The inner fire has died once again,
Hopes dashed as pain and despair reign.

The embers of my wings grow cold,
Despite the former flame raging bold,
Ash they may remain this time,
Never to be lit to its brilliant prime.

My resignation to failure,
Has failed to be my saviour;
I was prepared to not succeed,
Yet in loss, despair continues to breed.

Indeed I should’ve heeded what I knew,
That dreams are always too good to be true,
That reality is all but pleasant,
Only in dreams are joy and hope present.

I’ve done all that I could do,
Determined now is my efforts’ value,
Proven that labour is no match for fate,
Which causes nothing but sorrow and hate.

Another heart I have yet lost,
As a seemingly inevitable cost,
Should another take its place in this void,
May the one who claims it be overjoyed.

No comments: