Sunday, May 24, 2015

Essence of a Yearning Soul

Life continues to push me down,
Too many times I've been made to frown,
My thoughts now consumed with death,
Yet I wake every morning drawing breath.

When will I gain control,
Of the yearnings of my soul?
Again and again my desire,
Leads me to burn in fire.

Will I, for once, obtain what I seek,
Even when conditions appear most bleak?
Will I have the conviction to see it through,
And still endure the failure that may ensue?

Why must the forbidden fruit taste so sweet?
It's mere absence makes me feel incomplete;
It's mere taste gives me wings to fly,
If I can't have it, I'd rather just die.

But I've never wanted something more,
So deep within me it tore,
Never have I felt such desperation,
Never was I fueled with such volition,
This one time I shan't relent,
For you I'll endure any torment,
Till I've the snow flower that is your heart,
I shall not be falling apart.

I will make known my feelings for you,
My actions will show that they are true,
Even if now they are not due,
I will prove that I am the one for you.

You have brought out the best of me,
Half of my life's best work are thanks to thee,
I hope to gain the right to let you see,
My endless pool of poetry.

You are engraved in my soul,
You are the angel I seek,
You are the one who makes me whole,
You are the only one for me, Monique.

No comments: