Monday, December 6, 2010

New Fallout; New Fallacy

I Have Finally Decided That I Will Give Up The Futility Of 'Not Fishing For Sympathy', Because Even If I Would Try To Make My Posts As 'Public-Servicy' As Possible, It Would Never Have Come Up At All Without It First Affecting Me. So In The End It's All For Naught. But Hey, At Least This Is A Sign Of My Youth (Or Rather, Immaturity). Because It Was An Ideal. It Still Is, Actually, And Will Probably Remain One 'Till The End Of Time. And Beyond, Even.

So Much For Majoring In Psychology; You Get The Benefit Of Slapping Yourself With A Fishtail So Hard, People'd Think Bowties Are Now Tattooed Straight Onto The Face Instead Of Worn Around The Collar. Well, On The Bright Side, You're Setting The New Trend.

But Anyway, The Reason I'm Staying Up So Late When I Really Wanna Just Drop Dead On The Bed Is To RANT! With Full Caps Complete With The Exclamation Mark. "What? You're Gonna Rant On Your Blog? You Mad, Crazy Fool, You." Yes. My Immature Head Has Just Figured Out That That's What Personal Blogs Are For. So If I Don't Continue Fishing My 100kg Tuna Here I Won't Be Able To Do It Anywhere Else Without Being Critizised For The Wrong Reasons.

So Here Goes, Rant Number 1

Recently There's News About How Malaysian ISPs Are Gonna Terminate Users Who Use P2P. And This Was Forced Onto Them By The Empty-Headed Head Of RIM (Recording Industry Association of Malaysia) To 'Curb Piracy'. Well, Curbing Piracy Is Alright And All, But That Coming From The Bunch Of People Who Forced The Citizens To Resort To Piracy In The First Place Is Laughable, If Not Downright Ironic.

The Number One Reason (IMO At Least) That People Resort To Piracy Is Because The Original Stuff Are So Hard To Find, It's Probably Easier To Strike The 6D Than To Find The Non-Mainstream Stuff. A Very Good Example Will Be Music CDs. Sure, Its Easy To Find CDs Of International Artists Like MCR, Josh Groban Simple Plan And The Likes But What Of Those Who Prefer Japanese Music? And Even For Japanese Music There's Only The Mainstream Ones Like Ayumi Hamasaki, Namie Amuro, Utada Hikaru. So How About The More Alternative Ones? I Swear I Have Never Seen Albums Of T.M. Revolution, m.o.v.e, See-Saw, FictionJunction, Not Even Nami Tamaki Before. And ONLY ONCE, Out Of Sheer Luck Have I Seen A Mika Nakashima Album, And Everytime I Think Of It The Regret Of Not Buying It At That Time Is More Agonizing Than Gringing My Every Single Tooth To Dust.

Then There's The Supposed 'Original' DVDs. Screw Them. Sure, It Has The Original Stamp On Them, But Everytime I Decided I Should Buy An Original Anime DVD Back Home, I Get Rewarded With Subtitles So Bad The People Responsible For It Themselves Wouldn't Understand Half Their Own Work, And That Is Already An Overstatement. What's Worse, There's This Watermark That Says, Subbed, Coded By 'So-And-So' Fansub. So What, The 'Originals' Are Just Ripped Off From Some Fansub Which Clearly Mentions 'This Is A Free Fansub, Not For Sale' On Their Works And Then People Are Made To Buy Them Because Downloading Direct From The Fansub Is An Act Of Piracy!? Heck, I Might As Well Learn The Language And Just Stream Japanese TV.

Then There's The Price. It's No Secret That Malaysian Tax Is So High That Whatever Anyone Buys, The Tax Collected From It Is Enough To Buy A Second One. Literally 100% Tax. So Since We Can't Find It In Our Local Stores We Have To Go Import Directly From Japan Or Whatever The Country Of Origin Is For Your Product, Get It No Cheaper And Waste That Much More Time.

Seriously. These Money-Grubbing Cash-Addicts Aren't Doing Anything About The Smaller Steps Like Stopping Junkies Breaking Car Windows And Stealing Laptops But They're Taking The 'Big' Step Of Curbing Piracy? Nonsense, I Say. There's No Doubt That They'd Be Breaking Car Windows Themselves If They Can Justify That As 'Curbing Piracy', For The Sake Of The Extra Cash.

----------


Lately I've Gotten Hooked On Watching Top Gear, And Have Developed This Liking To Jeremy Clarkson's Blunt Honesty And Brutal Sarcasm. And I Happened To Stumble Upon A Book Titled 'The World According To Clarkson' Which Seems Like A Compilation Of Some Of His Articles. No Doubt I Bought It. And So Please Forgive Me If I Fail Miserably In Imitating His Snide Style. Which I Expect To.

Adieu To Y'all. And Kiss The Selfless Ian 'IMD!!!' Chee Goodbye, Forever.

No comments: