Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Mythical Beast

Legend Has It That A Beast Literally Called 'Year' Roamed The Lands Of Ancient China And Would Arrive At Villages At A Certain Set Number Of Days/Weeks/Months To Feed On Livestock, Crops And Even Humans. It Is Believed That This Beast Feared Red Colours And Loud Noises, So The Villagers Wore Red On The Day That The Beast Was Expected To Arrive And Set Loud Firecrackers To Ward It Off. The Passing Of This Beast At A Set Interval Of Days/Weeks/Months Was Then Called The Passing Of The Year As The Beast Was Named.

This Is Supposedly How The Chinese Measured A Year Before Astronomy Was Discovered. The Lions Of Lion Dances Every Chinese New Year Was Said To Resemble This 'Year' Beast; Ferocious And Aggressive. I'd Personally Want To Meet The Beast Face To Face, But We All Know That It's Not Likely To Happen.

My Father Told Me That The Month Before Chinese New Year Is Always Scorching Hot Because The Ancient Chinese Used To Dry Their Chinese Sausages With The Dry Wind And Extremely Hot Weather. Personally I've Got Nothing Against The Weather Anymore; Faced The Same Thing More Than 17 Times In Life Already. What I Do Have A Problem With Is What Comes Because Of The Heat, Especially After Rain: DAMN CURSED MOSQUITOES!!!

Got Ravaged by Those Insects Last Night. Couldn't Get A Decent, Proper Sleep On The Day That I Intended To Sleep And Rise Early. If There's Any Being That Should Be Extinct It Should Be Them Roaches And Mosquitoes. Hell, They Only Exist To Feed Other Insect-Eating Creatures. Why Can't We Have More Useful Insects To Feed Them Instead?

Well, Its The End Of The First Week Of The 'Study' Leave... Got Myself The Traditional Chinese Shirt I Promised Myself. And Studied Only 2 Of The 6 Subjects That I Was Made To Take. Grats To Myself For Even Studying The 2 Subjects. Migraine Due To A Straight Week Of Insufficient Sleep Dying Down Fortunately. 4 Days More And I Can Stuff Myself To The Brim With Dried Meat And To Show Off My New Shirt (And Maybe Make A Fool Of Myself In Front Of My Relatives).

And Yeah. I've Succeeded In Completing The Something Special I Promised You Guys. Please Be Online Around Midnight Of Chinese New Year Or Check Your Email Around That Time. Adieu To Y'all Until Then.

No comments: